In 1923, the Lighthouse Service replaced "the Beacon" with one of Chatham's cast iron and brick lined towers built in 1877. In 1940, it was painted a distinctive red and white. The light characteristic was changed in 1981 from three white flashes to alternating red and white. Threatened by erosion in the 1990s, Eastham residents formed the Nauset Light Preservation Society in 1993 to save and restore the lighthouse and oil house, an effort realized in 1996. In October 1998, the 1875 lighthouse keeper's home was also moved and reunited with the light tower and oil house. Order online at EasthamChamber.com
- A portion of the sale of this ornament will be donated to the Nauset Light Preservation Society.
Eastham Ornament Series - 2022